Covet: Bar Cart
April 30, 2013
Roxy Owens, proprietor of the überchic online boutique Society Social, tips off our readers in the spring issue (on newsstands now) to the many ways a bar cart can be used in the home (cocktail hour, anyone?) Here, we unwrap the quintessential products that can turn your cart from a spirited display into a full-on décor conversation piece.
1. Monogrammed napkins are chic yet elegantly subtle. For the summer season, these linen napkins from Mark and Graham are perfect!
2. Cocktails are best served cold. Ditch the ice trays for a more sophisticated means of rationing. Michael Aram’s Gotham ice bucket makes a statement.
3. A beautiful coffee table book is not only easy on the eyes, but a great conversation piece. Right now, we love getting lost in the pages of French Accents: At Home with Parisian Objects and Details by Erin Swift.
4. Showcase the season with lovely fresh flowers. Let Mother Nature take center stage by showing off your bouquet in a crystal vase. We had a weakness for this piece by Waterford.
5. Add touches of the summer to your cart. These green lanterns from One Kings Lane are a great way to incorporate a nautical theme.
6. Have some fun! Your cart doesn’t just have to host your beverages. Give guests the option of game time with an accessory that doubles as entertainment. Jonathan Adler has you covered with his tic tac toe board.