Before we fully immerse ourselves into 2013, we can’t help but reflect upon the design trends of the past year. While a new year brings changes, some of our most beloved trends of 2012 are not ready to say goodbye just yet (and let's be honest, we're not ready to see them go either):
1. Orange you glad this tangerine hue is staying? Jokes aside, tabletop trends first tipped us off to this color and although it is no emerald, it will certainly be a strong presence in all of our palettes this season
2. Prepsters around the world rejoice! Paisley is no longer restricted to Vera Bradley handbags; watch this pattern be incorporated into many design concepts in 2013.
3. It may be time to let go of the elephant wallpaper, but we have a sneaky feeling elements of safari life will pop over the course of this year.
4. The Greek key was inducted into the design hall of fame in 2012 and while we predict that this print will not be used as often as it was this past year, it will certainly not fade out anytime soon. After all, a classic never goes out of style!
5, After our trip to High Point Market this past fall, it is clear that the velvet is transitioning seasons and set to make itself at home in décor. From fashion to seating and home accessories, get ready to see the lush texture in all its glory this coming year.
6. We can’t wait to see what decade reinvents itself this New Year. Our guess? The 1960s! Okay, maybe that is more of our hope than a guess, but retro revamps will be all the rage.
What trends are you sad to say goodbye to and which are you ready to welcome this year?