December 20, 2012
With its warm quality, rich essence and rustic texture, it would be more than appropriate to deem wood the material of winter. And this time of year, when we escape to picturesque cabins and other such locales, it’s easy to find ourselves gathered around a fireplace or dinner table while relishing in the company of loved ones. Of course these happenings are only made that much more quaint and charming when the pictures are painted in a backdrop of wood (wood paneling, walnut shelving, firewood stacked by the hearth). Add in the perfect accessories—whether glass, ceramic, metallic…the options are endless—to complement the cozy ambience (and feel-good attitude), and you’ve got something downright regal. Before you find yourself tucked away into a mountain chalet, lose yourself in this eye candy.
- Serve up some rustic glamour with this Horn salad serving set.
- Offset the natural ambiance with this gleaming Caviar serving bowl.
- Ceramic pieces like this Jars tea cup and saucer keep guests feeling right at home.
- Stone bowls are anything but cold when added to a wooden escape.
- Brass is scrumptious against neutrals.
- The smooth texture and vibrant color of these Resin bowls are perfect for a winters evening.