It may be the season of giving, but, with so many lovely things to choose from, it can get quite difficult to find that perfect something! We decided to make life a little easier for you this holiday season and give you the gift of a guide. Our editors have curated the best options for home gifts that are sure to take you off the naughty list! [image via]
1. This Jonathan Adler brass candle holder is sure to put a smile on anybody’s face.
2. Neda Behnam is hitting all the right notes with her mother-of-pearl bowl with sterling accents.
Features Editor Brittany Kaplan’s Pick: These fun agate stone candleholders from Brooklyn Thread add just the right amount of sparkle to the home. What’s even more exciting? The stone illuminates when lit, offering a very fun way to create an intimate, chic ambience.
3. Cut it out! These “Holey” boards from Canvas are perfect for entertaining and prep work.
4. A fresh pair of salad servers is always needed and the wide paddle of this Lunares Home set is perfect for any occasion.
5. You’ll be saving the day in style when you show up with pine wood and alpaca coasters in hand from Airedelsur.
6. Give the gift of direction with a fun map from Quail Lane Press.
Editorial Assistant Mallory Evans' Pick: I adore this decorative bowl’s gilded finish and geometric shape. It’s the perfect holiday gift for a friend, hostess or family member.
Features Editor Jesse Bratter’s Pick: I love when ordinary objects are made extraordinary. Kelly Wearstler’s jeweled brass bottle opener is such a great example of this. Who wouldn’t want to receive even just a little bit of her glamour?
7. Whoever you give Mary Jurek’s three bowl set to will think of you kindly each time they entertain; these are a great way to serve up appetizers or side dishes.
8. This oversize houndstooth check would add the perfect hint of preppiness and sophistication to a living room. Plus, it’s cashmere, so there is no going wrong with this Blissliving beauty.
Social Media Editor Anna Lombardi’s Pick: I think gifts are a great way to give a friend or loved one something useful that they would never buy for themselves. A beautiful notebook can act as an accent for a home office and is a chic way to stay organized. Can we have a moment for this crocodile skin Smythson?
Associate Editor Cara Long’s Pick: I love to give gifts that are colorful and aim to inspire long after the holidays subside. For this, I turn to Virginia-based artist Lindsay Cowles whose beautiful fine art always makes a statement. On a smaller scale, you can’t go wrong with an Illume candle and their new designer prints will long outlast their glow.
Managing Editor Arlyn Hernandez’s Pick: Almost every surface in my house has books paired with little trinkets, and this whimsical vintage brass elephant would be right at home atop a stack as the crowning glory! And, my love of design is only matched by my love of food and I’ve had my eye on a juicy-hued KitchenAid stand mixer for a while. What a tangerine dream!